Friday, July 30, 2010

Yin and Yang....

....Yin and Yang are, according to Chinese culture, representative of the opposing forces in all of nature. If you are into the science point of view, it is physics in its simplest form; for every action, there is an opposite, but equal, reaction. If you are religious, it could be good and evil.

I like to live my life a lot like the philosophy of Yin and Yang and be cognizant of it EVERY minute of every day. It really puts things in perspective. I attempt to consider every side of both stories and make a real effort to be educated of either viewpoint. Sometimes though, you have to draw the line.

Now I know you are thinking, where do you draw the line? Well, that is what this blog is about; where I draw the line and what kind of repercussions you could probably expect by having the personality, idiosyncrasies or neurosis that make up your being.

There is an old saying, "Opinions are like assholes; everyone has one and they ALL stink." I really like this because it points out the fact that really, no one knows you like you do and at the end of the day, you are truly the only person who must answer for your actions.

Truly though, you cannot make a decision based on what other people think; this sets you up to fail and could cause you to become resentful of that person or situation. When making decisions that matter to your future, health or heart, you have to make a decision that best suits you. What will I get out of this? How can I minimize the damage caused to the people important to me by making this decision. Will everyone understand and do I care enough to consider that in my final call?

I like to say that "not EVERY decision I make will please EVERY person I care about." This is bond; when you have to make a decision that is important to you, ultimately, you will be stepping on someones toes. That is where the theme of this blog comes into play. Considering the push back you get from your push forward is key. Preparation for what may come will buffer the your response to the possible backlash. Knowing that you can expect repercussions for everything you do, is a way to enlightenment.

My main point is that we should all do for ourselves, while considering the people that are important to us and their reaction. We cannot prepare for everything, but just some consideration and the application of some simple rules would probably help us make some important decisions smoother.

Finally, just remember that its how we cope with the opposing forces of our actions that make us what we are. Those forces are around us and definitely rule our universe.............

No comments: