Sunday, September 10, 2006

I don't drink..........

.........because I don't!!!

Lately, I have had alot of people ask me why. I even had a discussion with my good friend Ryan about this subject.

I have been straightedge for a long time. I am not going to start drinking out of the blue. I never liked it. I never liked how it made me feel. I never will. I am not going to wake up one day and go to the liquor store and get a six pack or a bottle of tuaca. It ain't gonna happen. Get that through your head.

But while I am on this tip, let me tell you exactly what it is for me when I talk about alcohol........

Don't you use it for an antiseptic?

I don't need it to be social. Or to fit in. I could carry around a bottle of IBC at a party and your dumb ass wouldn't know any different. I am having just as much fun as you are and you won't remember..............

I am a better person for it. Every single thing I have done in my life, good or bad, has been a conscious decision. I can say that with pride.

I am not a square. If you know me, you know that.

Why do chicks feel compelled to judge me when I say I don't drink? And yes, it has gotten me significantly less dates. Girls think that parties and social settings with alcohol are more important than having convictions. Trust me, your favorite bar will still be there when you die. Probably.

Getting ripped is expensive. Going out for drinks seems like it would suck your wallet dry. But if you are a chick, some schmuck will always be waiting in the wings to buy you a shot so he can GIVE you a shot later...............

So, let me say it again - I don't drink and never will!!!! If you don't like me for it, so be it. But I never judged you.

So don't judge me. It is who I am. Not what I don't do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thank you Cliff. I am proud to belong to the same Team as you.

Anonymous said...

Good blog sir, good blog.

Anonymous said...

I've worked at very popular bars for a year and a half down here in SD..The people like me and always ask to buy me shot and they're totally cofused when I tell them I don't drink, when they ask why, I just started saying,'because I'm better that that"- my standard answer makes them very uncomfotable..it's a crazy world where all you talk about is how your about to get so wasted, how, right now your so wasted , or how last night you were so wasted...